Statistical significance testing
One-sample test to compare sample mean or median to population estimate
Compare a sample mean (or median) to a population estimate (default 0) using the 1-sample t-test (or sign test for medians). P-values can be calculated for one- or two-tailed comparisons, and are compared to a specified significance level.
- population estimate of mean or median for comparison (default value is 0);
- whether to use t-test (means) or sign test (medians);
- specified significance level;
- number of digits to display in results;
- whether test is one-tailed or two-tailed; and
- sample data.
- A summary of the data provided;
- Confidence limits (based on specified significance level) for the sample mean or median;
- P values for the difference between sample mean/median and the specified value;
- interpretation of the results; and
- plots of the data distribution and confidence limits for mean/median.