Summarise categorical or continuous data
2-sample t-test for summary data
Compare sample means using the 2-sample t-test for summary values. P-values can be calculated for one- or two-tailed comparisons, or compare results to a specified significance level.
- mean values for each sample;
- standard deviations for each sample;
- sample sizes for each sample;
- specified significance level;
- number of digits to display in results; and;
- whether test is one-tailed or two-tailed.
- difference in sample means;
- standard deviation and standard error of the difference;
- confidence limits (based on specified significance level) for the means and their difference;
- t and P values for the difference in means and the appropriate number of degrees of freedom; and
- a plot of the confidence limits.