Summarise categorical or continuous data
2-sample z-test to compare sample proportion
Compare two sample proportions using the 2-sample z-test. P-values can be calculated for one or two-tailed comparisons and are compared results to a specified significance level.
- sample proportions for each sample;
- sample sizes for each sample;
- specified significance level; and
- whether test is one-tailed or two-tailed.
- difference in sample proportions;
- Asymptotic (normal approximation) confidence limits (based on specified significance level) for the proportions and their difference;
- z and P values for the difference in proportions and their interpretation;
- whether or not z * p values are > 5 (to ensure test validity); and
- a plot of the confidence limits.