Statistical significance testing
1-sample t-test for summary data
Compare a sample mean with a specified value (default 0) using the 1-sample t-test, for summary values. P-values can be calculated for one- or two-tailed comparisons, or compare results to a specified significance level.
- mean value and standard deviation for the sample;
- a comparison value (default value is 0);
- sample size for the sample;
- specified significance level;
- number of digits to display in results; and
- whether test is one-tailed or two-tailed.
- Difference of sample mean from specified value;
- standard error of the mean;
- Confidence limits (based on specified significance level) for the sample mean;
- t and P values for the difference between sample mean and the specified value and the appropriate number of degrees of freedom; and
- a plot of the confidence limits.