The support, advice and assistance of the following organisations and individuals is gratefully acknowledged:
- The Australian Biosecurity Cooperative Research Centre for Emerging Infectious Disease, for funding the project;
- Angus Cameron, Chris Baldock and David Kennedy, Ausvet, for their advice and assistance;
- Ian Gardner, UC Davis, California; David Jordan, NSW Department of Primary Industries; and Nigel Perkins, Ausvet (now UQ), for their critical review of the system;
- Jenny-Ann Toribio, Sydney University for her encouragement and testing of the system using Johne's disease testing data; and
- Hume Field, Queensland Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries, for provision of data for testing and evaluation of the system.